Frankincense essential oil can be added to a diffuser or vaporizer and inhaled for its sedative, earthy fragrance that is known to enhance the mood and combat stress and anxiety. It is believed that, in spiritual practices, the scent of Frankincense strengthens both intuition and a spiritual connection. A few drops of Frankincense added to a diffuser or mixed with water to make an air freshening spray can eliminate airborne bacteria. Sprayed in a bedroom at night, it can help achieve a state of relaxation and readiness for sleep. Frankincense has a rich history of being used as incense. It is a French name which means “high-quality incense”. It was extensively used in religious ceremonies and treating skin problems. It has a woody, earthy and spicy aroma with a dash of fruity cense. It is used for curing various health problems as well.
- It’s comforting fragrance has got it a place in aromatherapies.
- It’s main chemical constituents help in stimulating the immune system.
- It is used for cosmetic purposes also as it diminishes the signs of aging.
- Frankincense facilitates faster healing when applied on cuts.
- Its potent aroma clears the nasal passageway and provides relief from congestion.